Sea Base 2022
- Sailing, Snorkeling, Fishing
- Islamorada, FL
- July 30 – August 6, 2022
- Troop 14 Sea Base Participant Overview (PDF)
- December 10: Sign Ups open for interested, eligible Scouts and Adults
- January 14: Sign Ups close for interested, eligible Scouts and Adults
- January 21: Crews and Waitlist Scouts & Adults are selected
- February 4: Participants initial Sea Base deposit due to Troop ($125)
- November: begin to organize flights, hotels, and shuttle service – an initial travel deposit (amount TBD, will be due to the Troop)
- December 2: Participants 2nd Sea Base payment due to Troop ($330)
- January 20: Participants Final Sea Base payment due to Troop ($520)
- February: Make sure all participants have a current Sea Base Medical Form
- March: Final balance on participant travel expenses due to Troop (amount TBD)
- April/May: Initial Training Trip
- June: Snorkel Training
- July: Final Prep/Training Trip
- July 30: Sea Base, here we come!
- Coral Reef Sailing (Participant Guide)
- Video Clips
Scout Eligibility Criteria:
- Required by Sea Base
- Must be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America
- Age Requirement: Every participant must be at least 13 years of age by their date of arrival at Sea Base. No exceptions will be made.
- BSA Swim Test as a Swimmer within a year of their arrival date. Non-swimmers and Beginner Swimmers will not be allowed to participate and will be sent home at their own expense.
- Swim Review: Upon arrival, every participant must complete a Sea Base Swim and Snorkel Review in a strong manner. This review does not take the place of the BSA Swim Test. Individuals who do not pass the Sea Base Swim or Snorkel Review will not be permitted to participate and will be sent home at their own expense.
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (BSA AHMR). BSA AHMR’s are current for 12 months from the end of the month in which they are completed.
- Required by Troop 14
- First Class Rank or above (earned before departure)
- Swimming Merit Badge (earned before departure)
- Must have demonstrated on overnight Troop outings the ability to appropriately and effectively manage personal care
- Must have demonstrated on Troop outings the physical ability to complete the outing without adult assistance